This privacy notice covers our main activities including our website lomaxinteriors.com. We describe here the data we collect from you when you engage with us, our reasons for collecting it, what we do with it and what your rights are.
Who are we?
We are Lomax Interiors, a partnership based at Westcroft Industrial Estate, Manchester Old Road, Middleton, Manchester, M24 4GJ. We are the controller for the processing described in this notice.
You can call us on 0161 643 4054, or email us using email@example.com, or contact us using online form.
Purpose of processing
We process your personal data for a variety of purposes as set out in the table below, which also shows our lawful basis under UK data protection legislation (UK GDPR) for doing so.
|Purpose||Lawful Basis under UK GDPR|
|Managing your enquiries||Our legitimate interests in responding to and managing your enquiry|
|Preparing a quote and managing your order if you are a consumer||Performance of a contract with you|
|Preparing a quote and managing your order if you are our contact at one of our commercial customers||Our legitimate interests in managing the quote and order processes for commercial customers|
|Keeping you updated on your orders||Our legitimate interests in managing the order & delivery process and informing you of progress or any changes|
|Managing our commercial relationship with you as a contact at one of our suppliers||Our legitimate interests in managing our commercial relationships and any associated contracts between our businesses|
|Sharing reviews on our website that you have made on other sites (e.g. Houzz)||Our legitimate interests in promoting our business|
|Deployment of non-essential cookies||Your consent|
Where we are relying on our legitimate interests you are free to object to that at any time.
Where we are relying on your consent you are free to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time, and we will delete your data.
Data we collect
The table below gives information on the categories of personal data we process for each of the purposes shown above.
|Purpose||Categories of Data Processed|
|Managing your enquiries||Name, contact details, message content|
|Preparing a quote and managing your order if you are a consumer||Name, contact details, message content, contact history, order details, payment details|
|Preparing a quote and managing your order if you are our contact at one of our commercial customers||Name, contact details, message content, contact history|
|Keeping you updated on your orders||Name, contact details, message content, contact history|
|Managing our commercial relationship with you as a contact at one of our suppliers||Name, contact details, organisation & role, contact history, message content|
|Sharing reviews on our website that you have made on other sites (e.g. Houzz)||Name, review content|
|Deployment of non-essential cookies||Consent status|
Special category data
There are additional rules we must follow if we collect certain types of more sensitive data, known as Special Category Data. These include details of your ethnicity, beliefs, health and sexuality and in each case we must let you know what our additional lawful basis is for processing such data.
We do not routinely process any such special category data, however we may occasionally do so (for example if we were designing custom furniture to cater for a disability) and will always ensure we have a lawful basis (normally by asking for your explicit consent) and only retain the information for a very limited period of time.
How long do we keep your data for?
Where we are relying on our legitimate interests or your consent to process your data then we will keep your personal data until you object to our legitimate interests (& we agree with your objection) or you withdraw your consent, or until the following default periods have elapsed.
We will retain your personal data by default for the following periods:
|Purpose||Maximum Retention Period|
|Managing your enquiries||12 months (earlier if your enquiry does not result in us providing a quote to you)|
|Preparing a quote and managing your order if you are a consumer||7 years (12 months if you do not proceed with the quote)|
|Preparing a quote and managing your order if you are our contact at one of our commercial customers||7 years|
|Keeping you updated on your orders||7 years|
|Managing our commercial relationship with you as a contact at one of our suppliers||7 years|
|Sharing reviews on our website that you have made on other sites (e.g. Houzz)||7 years|
|Deployment of non-essential cookies||12 months|
Do we ever share personal data?
We will share your data if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency.
When you submit your personal data online your data is shared with our partners who manage our website.
If we are communicating with you via email or social media channels we will be sharing your personal data with those email and social media providers.
We also utilise external suppliers to provide a number of business support services. We always ensure that we have appropriate contracts in place to protect your rights when personal data are processed on our behalf by these third parties. There is further information regarding these suppliers in the “Where Do We Process Data?” section.
How do we keep your data secure?
We take sensible steps to keep your data secure and ensure we can uphold your rights and meet our obligations under UK GDPR:
- All data sent between your browser and our website are encrypted in transit,
- Access to personal data is role based: only those members of staff with a legitimate need will have access,
- Systems are password protected and multi-factor authentication is enabled where available,
- We ensure that appropriate contracts are in place with our suppliers who process your personal data to protect your rights, to ensure that they take appropriate security measures to safeguard your data, and that any international transfers are done correctly under UK GDPR,
- Our employees are all subject to an obligation of confidentiality, and receive training on data protection matters,
- We utilise appropriate technical and organisational measures to optimise the security of your personal data.
You have a number of rights relating to the processing of your data, if you would like to use them or have any questions then please contact us.
We won’t charge you for doing any of the following, however we may make a charge in the case of frequent repeat or unfounded requests:
- Awareness: You have the right to be fully informed about why and how we process your information. This privacy notice is intended to meet that requirement, but please do contact us if you have any questions. If we obtain your personal data from a third party then we will tell you where we have obtained your information from,
- Access: You have the right to a copy of the data we hold about you,
- Rectification: If you think some of the data we hold is wrong then you have the right to ask us to correct it,
- Erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete the data we hold about you. Where we are holding the data to fulfil a contract with you or your organisation then we will need to retain the data in accordance with the data retention requirements shown above,
- Restriction: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of personal data whilst we check its accuracy, if you think the processing is unlawful, if you believe we no longer need to process the data but you need us to store it due to pending legal claims, or when you object to our processing based upon our legitimate interests and we are assessing the validity of that,
- Object: Where we are processing your personal data based upon our legitimate interests you have the right to object to that – contact us using the details above to do so. If we agree with your objection then we will stop processing your personal data for that purpose and delete it, if we don’t agree with your objection we will tell you why,
- Data portability: You can request a copy of your data in a digital format which you can then supply to another provider when we ae processing your personal data under the lawful basis of performing a contract with you or because we have your consent,
- Automated decisions and profiling: You have the right, in certain circumstances, not to be subject to decisions based on automated processing (including profiling) if it has a significant or legal impact on you. This doesn’t apply if the processing is necessary to fulfil a contract with you, or if you have given us your consent to do so. We do not currently use any technology to make automated decisions about you.
We utilise cookies on our website. Some are required for our site to work, these are known as essential cookies, and we also use others for analytics and marketing purposes.
We will ask for your consent to use any cookies which aren’t essential, and we won’t deploy any non-essential cookies without your consent. You should be aware that whilst we use non-essential cookies to help us understand how our website is performing, the author of the cookies (e.g. Google) uses the data obtained for their own purposes.
These are the non-essential cookies we use:
|Name of Cookie||Author||Type|
|Googletagmanager.com||Marketing and analytics|
What happens when I follow links to other sites?
If you follow a link from our site to another site then you should read the privacy notice on the other site prior to providing your data to them.
Where do we process data?
We primarily process data in the UK however we use partners to help us deliver our services, some of these services will mean that your personal data are transferred outside of the UK.
|Partner||Where are they based?||What additional protections are in place to safeguard your rights if processing is based overseas|
|Microsoft (business software)||EU/USA||Data Protection Standard Contractual Clauses in place for US transfers|
|Google (business software)||EU/USA||Data Protection Standard Contractual Clauses in place for US transfers|
|Xero (Finance & accounting)||New Zealand||N/A – New Zealand has an adequacy status from the UK|
We may share your personal data with professional advisors from time to time, such as our accountants or legal advisors. We will always ensure that appropriate protections to your rights and freedoms are in place.
Making a complaint
If you have a complaint about how we have processed your personal data please contact us at the above address. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on their helpline 0303 123 1113 or online at www.ico.org.uk. If you should contact the ICO they will normally ask you to contact us first.